PHP Classes

Tried all of the examples in the script but not working. Bugs?

Recommend this page to a friend!

Check spam  >  All threads  >  Tried all of the examples in the...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Tried all of the examples in the...
Summary:Tried all of the examples in the script but not working. Bugs?
Author:JAtwood
Date:2006-09-03 14:04:27
Update:2006-09-21 19:55:33

1. Tried all of the examples in the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of JAtwood JAtwood - 2006-09-03 14:04:27
Hi there,

I've been looking for a script like this so when it became available I thought great. However, after some testing, it failed to work.

First, the text version works fine, but the graphical version gives me a red X. PHP5+ and GD with PNG are installed.

Second, when I followed the instructions and added the appropriate code to my form script, I was able to bypass the security code no problem at all. Thus, the Captcha didn't work for some reason.

Finally, I've been told that this script would be extremely easy to penetrate by bots. You MUST have lines and graphical objects in the background to have any chance at all to stop spamming. Perhaps that is what the Graphical example does, but I couldn't get it to work.

Anyway, great idea, but it really has yet to reach basic level.

2. Re: Tried all of the examples in the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Sergei Kruglov Sergei Kruglov - 2006-09-04 17:35:17 - In reply to message 1 from JAtwood
Yes, this virivication image is pretty weak. Check other CAPTCHA's solution from security folder: http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/class/78.html

3. Re: Tried all of the examples in the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Giuseppe Leone Giuseppe Leone - 2006-09-04 21:37:52 - In reply to message 1 from JAtwood
Hi,
did you read this http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/file/15740.html, if you want to enable the graphic mode you must download the right font ;) I was unable to upload it in this site because is a binary file.

At the end, you wrote:
"Second, when I followed the instructions and added the appropriate code to my form script, I was able to bypass the security code no problem at all. Thus, the Captcha didn't work for some reason."

Can you tell me how did you bypass the security code ?

Bye,
Giuseppe Leone

4. Re: Tried all of the examples in the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Giuseppe Leone Giuseppe Leone - 2006-09-04 22:51:54 - In reply to message 1 from JAtwood
Ok guys,
I've made a new changes,
I've improved the image verification by adding horizontal and vertical lines in order to prevent attack from bots. Unfortunately I've no idea to improve the text verification. Any idea ?

Thank you all,
Giuseppe Leone

5. Re: Tried all of the examples in the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Sergei Kruglov Sergei Kruglov - 2006-09-05 09:08:14 - In reply to message 4 from Giuseppe Leone
See my CAPTCHA solution at http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3193.html
I mean it is a strong one.

6. Re: Tried all of the examples in the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Giuseppe Leone Giuseppe Leone - 2006-09-05 10:52:00 - In reply to message 5 from Sergei Kruglov
Do you would mean that this class is strong because it generate an image verification ? Me too. Mine also create a simple "customizable" text verification (unfortunately easly to bypass by bots). Anyway, I like your idea to use some PNG files to read as fonts. If you say to me that I can improve my class with your pretty code, this could be cool. Thank you !!!

Soon,
Giuseppe Leone

7. Re: Tried all of the examples in the...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Giuseppe Leone Giuseppe Leone - 2006-09-21 19:55:33 - In reply to message 6 from Giuseppe Leone
All right guys,
I've improved the class by deleting the external font dependence ;)

Soon,
Giuseppe Leone