PHP Classes

I like the idea and see it having a lot of room for growth.

Recommend this page to a friend!

MySQL Wrapper class  >  All threads  >  I like the idea and see it having a...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:I like the idea and see it having a...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Edward Meacham
Date:2010-05-27 13:08:41
Update:2010-06-09 12:19:42

Edward Meacham rated this package as follows:

Utility: Not sure
Consistency: Good
Examples: Good

1. I like the idea and see it having a...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Edward Meacham Edward Meacham - 2010-05-27 13:08:42
I like the idea and see it having a lot of room for growth.

I think it's use would be best for someone who is developing a localized tool-- a personal app, never having real web access. Reason being, there is no string quoting being done inside the class. Since there is always the potential for injection, so you would have to implement your own data scrubbing methods. (which is always a good idea)

I personally think it would be easier/faster to write the SQL out manually, but can see the use of this class being beneficial once the syntax is learned and the options within it expanded. I'd really like to see JOIN statements supported. (will be a bit tricky to get working for all query types)

My favorite part about this class is the insertRecord method because of it's simplicity. With proper scrubbing, $_POST could be passed in, and you're done. :)

Looking forward to seeing this class grow.

Cheers

2. Re: I like the idea and see it having a...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bala Bala - 2010-06-09 12:19:42 - In reply to message 1 from Edward Meacham
Thanks for your message... This is my first oops class..plz help me more...Give idea to develop more about this class...